A golden humming cloud of honeybees arrived unexpectedly one sunny June morning and moved into a knothole in the siding of the house. Three weeks later, Mr. E. helped these mysterious creatures into a comfy wooden box in his garden and began to live the lifelong dream of herding millions of stinging insects and collecting their sweet honey. Please enjoy the adventures of Mr. E's Mysterious Bees.





February 9, 2010

Spring Flowers

 

The California poppies are really starting to bloom.  Bumblebees love these flowers.  




I took a walk this morning, the first really nice day of the year after the rains.  Everything is blooming are getting ready to.   I saw the bees on a flowering Jade plant.  The midwestern house plant I used to nurse along as a kid, often unsuccessfully, grows quite large here in San Francisco.   I have a few in my front yard that are about 4 feet tall and wide.  I kind of consider them a weed now.  But surprise surprise, the bees love them when they flower, so I won't be as hasty pulling them out. 




The bees also love rosemary, which is is full bloom right now.



This cherry tree was covered in bees.  But I still had to chase them around for these blurry shots.
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment