A golden humming cloud of honeybees arrived unexpectedly one sunny June morning and moved into a knothole in the siding of the house. Three weeks later, Mr. E. helped these mysterious creatures into a comfy wooden box in his garden and began to live the lifelong dream of herding millions of stinging insects and collecting their sweet honey. Please enjoy the adventures of Mr. E's Mysterious Bees.





April 4, 2011

Mything Links: bees



While fooling around on the internet I found this nice homemade website full of all sorts of interesting bee related information and images by Kathleen Jenks, Ph.D.  Sometimes sites like this just up and disappear so I decided to print it out for posterity and for my beekeeping library.  As I scrolled through  I figured it was about 15 pages of images and text but once I started printing it I realized my mistake.  After 25 pages my printer ran out of paper.  after 40 pages I ran out of yellow ink (damn you HP.  Even though I am printing in black and white you won't finish this job till I replace the yellow cartridge.)  I thiknk I am only about 3/4 of the way through.  But I think it will be worth it once I get it all printed out.  There are lots of images of bees and beekeeping in art, photos of the oldest bee, bees trapped in amber, stories of bees in folklore and legend.  You know, a bee geeks dream come true. 

MYTH*ING LINKS
An Annotated & Illustrated Collection of Worldwide Links to Mythologies,
Fairy Tales & Folklore, Sacred Arts & Sacred Traditions
by Kathleen Jenks, Ph.D.
COMMON THEMES, EAST & WEST:
IN THE ORLD
and
IN YTHOLOGY:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EES

1 comment: