A golden humming cloud of honeybees arrived unexpectedly one sunny June morning and moved into a knothole in the siding of the house. Three weeks later, Mr. E. helped these mysterious creatures into a comfy wooden box in his garden and began to live the lifelong dream of herding millions of stinging insects and collecting their sweet honey. Please enjoy the adventures of Mr. E's Mysterious Bees.





December 1, 2008

Bees Want Their Honey Back

I extracted about 4 gallons of honey on Friday. I am getting the hang of it and it is going a lot faster. 2 1/2 hours from start to final clean-up. This weekend while I was filtering honey and managing all the wax and making candles I had to open the kitchen window because all the heat from the oven and space heater was making me feel faint. As I opened the window a bunch of honeybees came flying in and more were headed my way. I screamed a little and shut the window as quick as you can when covered in honey and wax. I guess they could smell it cooking and homed in on their property. I caught all the inside bees in a glass with a postcard over the top and let them back outside. I could see them all hovering outside my windows looking for a way to get in to take back their honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment